Plaintext Passwords & Account Creation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eversilver

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Plaintext Passwords & Account Creation Reply with quote

Just wanted to comment that, at least in firefox, the top right buttons (main forum listing, login, create account) are not in any way inicated as having those functions. Additionally, the login page has no link to account creation, making it less-than-trivial to create an account to post.

Also, noticed the system emailed me my registration email including a plaintext password (maybe this isn't so much a concern to the designer?) and in a format that was sent to my bulk mail folder (registered using a Yahoo! mail account). Just some things that might warrant looking into.

Kelson
Kelson

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last post was from me, just noticed I didn't have to be logged in to post...
eiz

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Plaintext Passwords & Account Creation Reply with quote

Eversilver wrote:
Just wanted to comment that, at least in firefox, the top right buttons (main forum listing, login, create account) are not in any way inicated as having those functions. Additionally, the login page has no link to account creation, making it less-than-trivial to create an account to post.

Yeah we know. We have to make new icons.

Eversilver wrote:

Also, noticed the system emailed me my registration email including a plaintext password (maybe this isn't so much a concern to the designer?) and in a format that was sent to my bulk mail folder (registered using a Yahoo! mail account). Just some things that might warrant looking into.

Kelson

Standard phpbb signup response. Lots of forums do this.

The bit about posting without a login needs to be fixed though, thanks.
Alayla

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Plaintext Passwords & Account Creation Reply with quote

eiz wrote:
Eversilver wrote:

Yeah we know. We have to make new icons.

I'll try to make them tonight - would people want new buttons for the FAQ/Search/Memberlist/etc. menu as well? I find those a bit undreadable...
eiz

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... the Mysterious Icon of Destiny is no more. Sad

Thanks Alayla!
Kelson

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, definately like these icons a lot more Very Happy
Kelson

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Plaintext Passwords & Account Creation Reply with quote

eiz wrote:
Eversilver wrote:

Kelson

Standard phpbb signup response. Lots of forums do this.

The bit about posting without a login needs to be fixed though, thanks.

I still don't like getting the plaintext password (especially since there was no comment about mailing my password in plaintext [not that it is a password I use for anything, but still...i r security]) or the fact the response went to the spam-mail folder.

Kelson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Meta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: