Email services et al

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Massaria

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Email services et al Reply with quote

Dear Moderators...

Thanks for a great site. I'm really happy to see that flame wars and promotions seem to be non-existant here, and with the serious approach taken by most every poster, this really is the best mud-related fora I've come across.

I just have one plea: is it possible that you might add a feature to request a daily update on which threads have been active in the last 24 hrs?
I thought it was quite hard to keep up with the various topics when it started up, but, admittedly, the front page made this much easier.
I don't care much for having my inbox cluttered with emails every time someone posts to an interesting thread, but getting an update once a day, like TMC, would really make this place perfect - for me, anyways Wink

Thanks
Massaria

PS: The automatic login doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe that's just me?
eiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Email services et al Reply with quote

Massaria wrote:

I just have one plea: is it possible that you might add a feature to request a daily update on which threads have been active in the last 24 hrs?

Wish granted.

Massaria wrote:

PS: The automatic login doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe that's just me?

I haven't seen this issue. What browser are you using? Any weird cookie settings?
Massaria

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I haven't seen this issue. What browser are you using? Any weird cookie settings?

Heh. Very likely - just installed win XP and I have no idea what it's doing. Seems like it has more control than me Embarassed

Quote:
Wish granted.

You're my favourite genie! Razz
eiz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

Somehow I got 2 copies of the mailer program in the cron directory... sorry about that. Smile
Vopisk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Oops Reply with quote

eiz wrote:
Somehow I got 2 copies of the mailer program in the cron directory... sorry about that. Smile

See... Genies granting wishes is always too good to be true. Anyway, I changed my preferences, that is a feature I'm glad to see installed. Way to go! ::thumbsup::

Vopisk
Tyche

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something I find annoying and it's done this way on every web forum board I've seen. Your signature is attached to yourself rather than the post. That is your signatures on all your posts are "effectively retroactively updated" when you change your sig. I understand why that is, especially if one views their signature as containing the latest personal or professional information, rather than a collection of jokes, witticisms and quotable quotes. Anyway thankfully email don't operate that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Meta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: