color schemes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sm007h

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: color schemes Reply with quote

I know it is a matter of personal taste, but the forum color scheme is hurting my eyes!!!

And some of the options and icons are very difficult to see - I dont even notice some icons until my mouse runs over it!
Alayla

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the BBTech more than I thought I would, but we should probably add at least one another skin for people who prefer dark text on light background.

If you guys add the skin(s), I will make modified versions of the logo for each, it's no problem.
eiz

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alayla wrote:
I like the BBTech more than I thought I would, but we should probably add at least one another skin for people who prefer dark text on light background.

If you guys add the skin(s), I will make modified versions of the logo for each, it's no problem.

Yeah I figure we'll just fix subSilver up and re-enable it. I'll probably get to it later today.
eiz

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, it's back.
sm007h

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eiz wrote:
Alright, it's back.

Thank you thank you, I can see again!!!!
Molly O'Hara

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, forgive a total computer idiot for asking this:

Just how do I put the subSilver back on?
The dark is hurting my eyes too, maybe that's why I cannot find out.

After all, it tok me over a day to figure out how to make a new post - I couldn't make out the square to put the subject in, so I kept clicking in the wrong place... Embarassed
eiz

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setting is in your profile options.
Molly O'Hara

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the easy way to set colour or font here.

But having just changed back to silver background, I now realise that the colours that worked well for the dark background (like yellow and cyan) are lousy for the silver one. and of course the opposite applies too.

This is probably not an easy thing to fix, but there should be at least 2 colours that are easily readable with both backgrounds. Any suggestions?

And another request/idea:
The QUOTE feature on TMS was pretty neat, so maybe that could be implemented here too? I know I can set it manually with HTML tags, but what can I say - I am just a lazy typer, I like clicking buttons instead... Wink
Alayla

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly O'Hara wrote:
The QUOTE feature on TMS was pretty neat, so maybe that could be implemented here too? I know I can set it manually with HTML tags, but what can I say - I am just a lazy typer, I like clicking buttons instead... Wink

There is a Quote button, both for quoting a whole post (you click that on the top of a post, instead of replying) and in the editor... It really is almost the same as on TMS.

As for the colours... I suppose red should work fairly well on both backgrounds, and orange too. If it still isn't too readable, making the coloured text bold could help...
Sandi

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be fine with me if colours were disabled. I've never felt they added to a post, and they often make them unreadable. Really, if you give people a choice of backgrounds, you have to limit their choice of color. On the Cats Forum, we recently had some dim-bulb that took delight in typing white on white. :(

From that, however, I learned a neat trick to make the text readable: just hilight the whole post. :)

Molly O'Hara wrote:
And another request/idea:
The QUOTE feature on TMS was pretty neat, so maybe that could be implemented here too? I know I can set it manually with HTML tags, but what can I say - I am just a lazy typer, I like clicking buttons instead... :wink:
Molly, you may not have found the quote button at the upper right of each post. I find it an unintuitive placement, and it seems the lower left is more common. I'm not sure how customizable such things are. Still, I much prefer the way this board puts the quoted text in the reply window already wrapped in tags, rather than in a separate window as TMS did.

What I would like would be a button that took you to the last post you've read in a thread. Some software does this, and it's very handy for long threads.

On the whole though, I'm quite happy with the environment, preferring it over "those other places", and very pleased with the content. Thanks, everyone, for your efforts.
Sandi

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, again. Well, now you can all compare my posting time with Alaya's and see how slowly I typo. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    mudlab.org Forum Index -> Meta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: